SRIJAN 2020 - RULES FOR MOVIE MAKING
1. TEAM : Team size can be between 1 – 2 participants.
2. PARTICIPATION : Participation of movie implies unconditional acceptance of these terms and regulations. All the participants must possess a valid Identity Card at the time of the event. The participants may be from different engineering/pharmacy institutes/branches/semesters.
3. ENTRIES : This is a short movie competition and hence ONLY Short Movies/Films should be submitted NO DOCUMENTARIES. The entries can be short digital animation films too on the topic. Refrain from making advertisements, remixes. Avoid obscenity, excessive violence and photo slide show.
4. DURATION: The run time for films shall not be more than 180 seconds, including 10 seconds of the beginning and end credits. Movies/Films exceeding this time limit are liable to be rejected. The minimum length should be 30 seconds including credits.
5. TITLE : Suitable title to be provided to the movie. Logo of SRIJAN must be included in all frames.
6. LANGUAGE : The short movies must be in either in ENGLISH or HINDI.
7. FORMAT: The films may be shot in MPEG4 or AVI format. The recommended ratios are: 16:9 / 16:9 Full Height Anamorphic – in DV / HDV.
9. SUBMISSION : Submit your work on the App and at email_id email@example.com clearly mentioning in Subject : Short Movie and Zone. Bring movie in Pen drive/DVD for competition.
10. COPYRIGHT: The Film must not contain any copyrighted work(s) belonging to third parties unless (1) Participants have a license to use such works in the Movie/Film; or (2) the work used by participants’ movies is a fair one under the copyright laws. Participants will retain any licenses and provide them to organisers upon request.
11. JUDGEMENT : Judgement will be based on parameters like content, technical excellence, and overall quality of film. The decision of the jury shall be final, unquestionable and binding on all participants.
12. WITHDRAWAL : Once submitted, the entries cannot be withdrawn for any reason whatsoever.
13. RIGHT TO SCREEN: The participants grant the Organisers (SRIJAN 2020), the exclusive rights to screen (non – commercial) their movie / entry on their respective websites and channel at the festival and other associated screenings.
14. RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY : SRIJAN 20120organizing team reserves the right to disqualify any participant who fails to adhere to the above mentioned rules.
15. RIGHT TO MODIFY : SRIJAN 2020 reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of the contest without any intimation to the participants at any time after the launch of the contest which will be highlighted on the website.
16. SCHEDULE : The scheduling, timetable and screening of the shortlisted movies shall be at the discretion of the SRIJAN 2020.
17. DECLARATION FORM : Declaration Form from the respective institute duly signed and stamped by HOD/Principal of the Institute is must for participation.
18. REGISTRATION FORM : All the participating teams will upload on app/website and also submit this registration form to the zonal coordinators at the time of event. This registration form is available on the website.Participate