SRIJAN 2019 - RULES FOR ROBO-WAR (Round 2)
ROBOWAR is a combat competition in which assembled robots equipped with mechanical weapons such as blades, saw, cutter, claws etc. compete to defeat the opponent as per the rules of the war.
1. Permissible weight: MINIMUM: 05 kg and MAXIMUM: 08 kg (excluding off-board power equipment e.g. batteries, adapters etc.)
2. Maximum permissible volume. Fully unfolded robot must be within the limits of 40 cm X 55 cm (l x b). There is no maximum height for a robot (dictated by the design and weight constraints).
3. Use of IC Engines is not allowed.
4. Organizers will provide on-site power points of 230 V AC. Participating teams need to bring their own adapters/converters (with a maximum output voltage of 36 V DC) to avail AC supply.
5. In case of batteries, maximum allowed voltage is 36 V DC.
Arena for Robo War
1. Robots can have weapons such as cutters, flippers, saws, lifting devices, spinning hammers etc. Use of liquid projectiles, any kind of inflammable liquid, flame-based weapons, radio jamming devices, high power magnets or electromagnets, are not permitted.
2. Robots will be inspected for safety and reliability before being allowed to compete.
3. Disrupting opponent’s power is not allowed.
4. Arena is a 9’X6’ platform consisting of two ditches (a schematic diagram is illustrated herewith).
5. A robot will be declared as winner when it successfully immobilizes the opponent or scores more on the basis of points such as aggression, control, damage and strategy.
6. Points will be awarded to a robot for pushing the opponent to ditch, or beyond the edge lines in the arena. Points will be deducted if a robot tries to push the opponent beyond the arena via the edge lines.
7. Battle between two robots may consist of two or more rounds. In a round, there may be a moving obstacle may appear in the area with prior warning (a siren is blown). A robot must avoid being hit by the obstacle; otherwise points will be deducted for the same.
8. Organizers reserve the right to ban/disqualify any robot at any point of time, due to safety or any other reason.
9. All the participating teams will have to submit a fresh registration form to the host institute failing which they will be allowed to participate but the model will not be judged.
10. Maximum number of participants is restricted to three students from engineering/pharmacy institutes. One mentor/supervising person is mandatory. He/she has to be a Engineer in the relevant field, not necessarily from the engineering institute and must be present at the time of the final round.
11. All participants with valid Identity Card of their respective educational institutes are eligible to participate in the event.
12. Srijan 2018 Organizing Team reserves the right to disqualify any participant who fails to adhere to the above-mentioned rules.
13. Declaration : The participants must bring the following certificate duly countersigned by the Mentors and Head of Department on institute’s letterhead and submit to the coordinator of the event in the day of presentation failing which they will be disqualified.